Thursday, September 2, 2010

A day of sadness...

I was woken up by my phone ringing at 8am, it was my friend LeShea but I was still out of it and tired so I just ignored the call...then she called back 5 minutes later...I knew something was up...She goes "Kale is trying to get ahold of you! He has been calling your phone and had Taylor call me to see if I could get ahold of you" (Taylor is her husband...deployed with mine).  Great, so I look at my phone...no missed calls! So I tell LeShea that and she said that if she hears back from her hubby, she will let him know...and then my Mom calls..." Colleen, Kale is frantic, he cant get ahold of you and is worried something happened, are you okay!" so then I explain to her how my phone doesnt have a missed call so the call must not be going through...so annoying! My heart skipped a beat knowing he was so frantic thinking I was hurt or something...what a worrier!

So, about 30 minutes later my mom calls again and Kale had called her back, she explained what was going on and he was saying how when he would call it would just keep ringing, not even go to voicemail...so something is up, the phones must not like each other! So, he said if he has time later he will call my mom who will then call me and I will go to LeShea's house and he will call their house...that seemed like a fine plan, until I realized Earl will be battering my area at that time lol

Anyway, I then promptly went on facebook and complained about my lack of phone call, what a crappy way to start my day!! Can you say pity party?

Then minutes later, I realized a friend posted an interesting status on her facebook, her boyfriend was deployed and I figured that he got moved to a different base or something with less communication because she was talking about that the previous week, then another friend posted a status referencing that first friend I mentioned...I then made a heart-breaking discovery...her boyfriend was KIA...my heart sank, just minutes ago I was complaining about not getting a phone call when my friend was getting the worst news that one could imagine...

I havent been able to get her out of my mind, I wish I could take her pain away, I can only imagine how she is feeling...any little bit of drama going on right now suddenly seems completely insignificant and all I want to do is give her a big hug!

Please keep the troops in your prayers...they are not statistics that we hear on the news, each causality has a family that they left behind to deal with the pain...Many thoughts and prayers are with my friend, her family, and his family...

All gave some, Some gave all...

1 comment:

  1. This has been just a horrible week for deaths :( Praying for your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love <3