I think from now on Mondays will be "Making It Mondays" where I share what I am making (tough connection, huh?!) whether it be crafts, home decor, food, whatever!
So, since I havent had any time since coming home to do any of my craft projects that I have on my to do list, Ill start with what I am making for dinner!
Its pork tacos with pineapple salsa...I got the recipe from Family Circle magazine that I
stole borrowed from a doctors office waiting room and it looks super delicious! Ill post in my normal blue font the recipe from the magazine and then since I suck at actually following recipes I will post any changes or addition in pink
There are 3 main parts- dressing, salsa, and the pork tacos
- 3/4 cup lime juice one large lime
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 tspn salt seriously, who measures that tiny amount? I just do a pinch
- 1/8 tspn pepper
- 3 Tbsp EVOO
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, i just grabbed a small handful
- 2 cups diced pineapple I used 1 can of pineapple and just ran my knife through real quick
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced I got a tiny one, as in it was 99 cents a pound and mine cost 1 cent!
- 1 to 1 1/2 pound pork tenderloin sliced in a 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 package white corn tortillas i just had the normal flour tortilla already!
1. Heat grill, while it preheats mix up dressing until blended well
2. Mix together salsa ingredients and 2 tablespoons of the dressing
3. Combine remianing dressing (about 1/3 cup) with the pork in a resealable bag and marinate 15 minutes I had mine marinate for 6 hours. Grill pork about 6 minutes turning until desired doneness. Slice into thin strips. Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave 1 minute.
4. To serve, fill a warm tortilla with a few pork strips and some salsa and sour cream, enjoy!