Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Marine Corps strikes again...

All military wives have millions some moments where they feel that they are completing getting RAN OVER by their perspective branch...so in my case...right now, the Marine Corps is KILLING ME!!

I used to think this saying: "The Marine Corps is my husband's mistress and sometimes that b**** gets all the attention!" was cute...until last week...

I'm sure I have talked about it on here...you know, our 8 day 7 night vacation to Sandals Royal Bahamian, all inclusive, honeymoon concierge room, spa day booked, zip lining, private dinner on the beach...ah...sounds wonderful doesn't it? Who wouldn't want to spend a week in paradise....


I bet you all want to be on that beach in the Bahamas too...well....

WE DON'T GET TO GO ANYMORE!

I should have known not to open the email that started "The Department of Defense has..." because then I wouldn't have known that the end of the sentence ends with "activated the 26th MEU to deploy no later then the end of August"....



um, say what, Department of Defense? You mean end of September, right? Because they are supposed to leave at the end of SEPTEMBER....NOT AUGUST!!!

Yep, they are deploying our guys early....I mean, I should have expected it...our unit always gets thrown for a loop, heck last deployment to Afghanistan was supposed to be a deployment to Iraq up until 3 weeks before they left...

So, I might not be around too much...I'm ready for this deployment- it'll be our 3rd, I'm a heck lot more calmer then I should be but that's life...I'm not gonna let it get me down, I know I will be fine once he leaves, but darn it...I JUST WANT TO WHINE ABOUT NOT GOING TO THE BAHAMAS...

This was supposed to be our honeymoon (belated) and now, it will be even more belated...almost 2 years belated! That wouldn't be a honeymoon then...!!!!!!

So, I'm done complaining...complaining about my lack of vacation wont let my vacation happen....and I have 2 best friends (hi Ashley and Dani) who I am going to FL with in October that say that we can pretend we are in the Bahamas to make me feel better, so now to get everything on my check list for pre-deployment done and then to tackle getting a refund from Sandals (easy, I bought the insurance) and from the airline (not so easy, I HATE dealing with airline customer service) so that we can have an even NICER vacation when he gets back...

Semper Gumby....(the Marine Corps wife motto meaning "Always Flexible")


So, BRING IT ON DEPLOYMENT,you might have won the battle of pre-deployment leave, but I will win the WAR!


**Oh and before anyone goes freak out on me for breaking OPSEC, all of this information (about deployment, not about my sad canceled vacation) was reported on multiple news media sources so it is not classified information that they are leaving early, actually, the news articles give more information then I did...**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love <3