Monday, August 2, 2010

Wedding Weekend

Kale was in a wedding this weekend! His high school friend was getting married to another one of their high school friends! Joe and Kale played football together and he was also in our wedding too! Kelley was in the same group of friends but they didn't start dating until a couple years after high school graduation.  

The rehearsal went well and we were excited for the big day, Kelly looked amazing and while everyone else was watching what the Deacon was saying as he was greeting everyone, I was watching Joe stare, open-mouthed, at his wife while whispering to her "You look so beautiful".  He couldn't take his eyes off of her, it was so sweet!

During the sign of peace, Kale walked back to where my family was, to share a sign of peace and he was looking FINE in his tux! Then he commented on how pretty I looked, I melted...hehe

The homily was a little weird, it started off with "The Joe and Kelley you once knew, is now DEAD...we are morning the loss of Joe and Kelley but..." then he went on to talk about how they are reborn as one and all that jazz but it was just so weird the whole death reference! The rest of the ceremony went off without a hitch and it was reception time!!

The room was awesome, light pink and green were her colors and although it sounded to me like it could easily be overdone, she totally got the perfect amount! So Kale's cousin (way older cousin...) was the DJ and when they were announcing the wedding party in, he said his name wrong!! I couldn't stop laughing! He called him Kyle, but Kale said "at least he didn't call me Kayley" which he has gotten many times! 

After the dinner, it was everyone's favorite part of the reception (well the favorite of our group of friends)...DANCING! We danced and danced and probably burned enough calories that all the drinks we had were burned off (almost...).  One of the most exciting parts was that Kale and I made it past the 1st round of the Anniversary dance!

So after lots of drink (LOTS!) and lots of dancing, the reception was over, we stumble walk outside and bam! we are hit with SUNLIGHT! It was so dark in the hall, that we all forgot the reception ended at 7pm! A lot of comments were being made "Oh man, were drunk before the sun goes down" and it was so funny! 

We ended up hanging out with the big group of Kale's high school friends, that since we dated for 2 years of high school I became very close to them as well so I guess I can say our friends, for the rest of the night and it was so fun to catch up! It seems now that everyone has jobs that we only really get together at weddings! Ours was last summer, Joe and Kelley was this summer, and we have a couple planned for next summer!

And once again, I haven't had a chance to upload the pictures yet so you'll have to wait until I get around to it, which may be a few days because..

I GET TO GO HOME ON WEDNESDAY! I am so ready to be back in my house, in my bed! I loved spending time with my family but I WANT MY PLACE!

1 comment:

  1. Our journey has begun!… secretly though

    If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog ~OR~ just someone I’ve happened upon while sending out these invites and that I would LOVE for to come along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post. I’d love for you to stop by.

    Exciting things going on around here!

    www.definitelymaybebaby.com

    ~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love <3