Monday, February 14, 2011

Marine Corps Monday...Week 2

My Marine Corps ID says "Dependent" but one thing that I love about the Marine Corps lifestyle is that it has made me be Independent! 


Throughout my life, I was always relying on others- for everything.  This lifestyle though makes you become independent very quick.

For the first time in my life, I was in charge of how I ran things- I had responsibilities- I needed to cook, clean, do laundry. I need to make decisions and couldn't have someone else do it for me.  


Now, Im sure you all are thinking "um, Colleen, you have your husband!" Yes, I do! I love him more then life, he is my support, my everything.  I also credit him to helping me become the independent person I am today as well! 


This lifestyle leaves me to "fend for myself" a lot. In becoming independent, Ive learned just how strong I really am.  I know what I look for in friends and dont settle just to be "part of the IN crowd".  I dont care what people say about me, or how I dress, or my actions- I do what is best for me and my husband, I dont care what other people think! I dont settle in life- Im going to try to reach all of our goals no matter how difficult! I am myself- I dont pretend to be someone I am not.  My husband, and my friends love me because Im me- not because I am a fake version of what I think they want me to be!




So all you Marine Corps wives, heck- all my military wives- embrace your independance that being a military spouse forces you become!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love <3