Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Memory Lane Monday: A day late...

Today is Tuesday...pretend its Monday for the next 10 minutes okay? Memory Lane Tuesday doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Memory Lane Monday.

So LeShea and I went to a Belly Burner workout class over at the air station last week.  We had went the previous week on a Thursday and the instructor was really cool and had a pretty difficult routine so we decided to go back except we couldn't do until this past Friday.  We walk into the room and it is a different instructor- she looked super intense and before we knew it- we were being screamed at and doing the hardest ab workout Ive ever done!

As class finished and we walked out of the exercise room we decided- that woman must have been a Drill Instructor at some point.  She had the voice to go along with it too! We then were talking about how there was no way that we would be able to survive Marine Corps boot camp!

I so vividly remember when I went down to Parris Island ,"The land that God forgot", to see Kale for the first time in 3 months! My Dad and I had flew down to Myrtle Beach and spent a few days with my aunt and uncle before we all headed down to P.I. for family day and graduation. 

Family Day was so hot!! I was not prepared for how hot it was going to be, especially in a giant hanger where they had the ceremony.  We were running late and missed the part where they marched in so I didn't know which giant group Kale was standing in. After what seemed like FOREVER, they were released and the mad dash started. 

Finding him was like finding a needle in a haystack! Not only did they all look exactly the same, but I hadn't seen him in 3 months! What if he looked different!! Little did I know then, this was only the first time that I would have to wander around searching for him in a giant crowd (homecomings!)

Once we locked eyes, I jumped from the bleacher into his arms!! He looked great!! It was as we were hugging that we realized we were both drenched in sweat and how gross we both looked! We still took a picture! We spent the rest of the day with his family driving around the base and he showed us where he had done his training and all that jazz! I don't really even remember where we went except when we went out to lunch and he ate his entire meal with a spoon and DEVOURED it in like 2 minutes...I was stunned. 

When we parted for the day, I was so excited for graduation because that meant he was going to get 10 days of leave after it- 5 days into it though he would join my family in moving me into my dorm! It was a quick turn around...anyway, off topic...

Graduation Day was great- the ceremony was very neat and I had a major obsession with the bull dog! I found him pretty quickly once they were dismissed unlike the day before but we didn't stay long because my Dad and I had to drive back to Myrtle Beach and catch a flight and he had to drive back to Erie with his family...

It seems so long ago but so short at the same time.  I remember it so vividly but it was over 4 1/2 years ago...time sure does fly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love <3