Monday, May 24, 2010

Oh the miles...

So, in the next few days, we will be going all over the place to see various people and attend various events...

Wednesday we will leave and drive up to Erie PA...Kale's friend Joe is getting married in July and they are having his bachelor party on Saturday, we will stay until Tuesday morning then drive back to home to NC...

Next Wednesday will be laundry and re-packing day...because Thursday morning we will fly out to go to Louisiana for Kale's brothers memorial service. Then on Monday we will fly back to NC...

Seems like a lot huh? Not even close...last night we decided that we should fly, we were originally planning on DRIVING ALL OF IT!!! The moment of insanity passed and we decided its worth the money to fly...we even thought of adding on a day or 2 and flying into New Orleans to be a tourist before renting a car and driving the 4 hours to the service...we still haven't 100% decided yet...I have to figure it out by tonight though...that is my goal...

The timing of this just really sucks...were using our "vacation" fund to finance this big trip which means we will have less money to spend on stuff for our Sandals trip at the end of August..I realized just how rude that sounded as I typed it out...its not like this is a happy trip, its for a funeral, but it still sucks...

I hope my sanity stays intact during this trip, I know that not driving all of it will really help me but Kale HATES flying so its gonna be pretty rough on him. I was blown away when I saw him looking up flights...he would rather drive 12 hours then take the 3 hour plane ride home...and he even said he doesnt mind driving the 17 hours to Louisiana instead of the 5 hour flight but I know he is doing it for me...I get stressed out after about 3 hours of driving and I think he could tell that driving 50 hours in the car over a 10 day time frame would put me on the verge of insanity...which wouldnt be good for me, or for him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love <3